Region: Cape Town – (Northern Suburbs)
We are searching for an innovative, deadline-driven technical engineer to join our company. The technical engineer’s responsibilities include assisting Engineers with various tasks like design, construction, equipment installation, system configuration, maintenance, developing preventative maintenance plans, and providing customer support. You should also be able to troubleshoot systems, identify problems, and write up reports.
To be successful as a technical engineer, you should be meticulous, efficient, and have sound knowledge of the relevant engineering discipline. Outstanding candidates are team players with exemplary problem-solving abilities.
- Grade 12
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft products – Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, Windows OS
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN connectivity
- Good knowledge of Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Network copiers, NIC’s
- Communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and methodically
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Minimum 3 years experience
- No criminal record
- Supporting the engineering team during planning, design, development, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting processes.
- Analyzing existing systems and operations and developing preventative maintenance strategies.
- Identifying potential problems and notifying the relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Monitoring processes, workers, and methods, and developing plans for increased efficiency.
- Conducting required research and developing best practices.
- Coordinating with other Engineers and crew members to ensure quality products are completed on schedule.
- Performing quality control on all projects, writing reports, and making recommendations for improvement
- Ability to use Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Fax machines
- Ability to use Backup systems
- Deploy of new equipment
- Updating infrastructure
- Detail orientated.
- Task focused.
- The incumbent will be required to have valid drivers’ license and own reliable transport.
- This position requires working overtime when required.
- The incumbent is required to be available for standby support when scheduled.
No criminal record
We may be calling you next!
Please do not apply should you not meet the requirements highlighted above.
Regret no recruitment agency to apply on behalf of candidates.
Please email your CV/Resume to email@example.comCustomer Engineer