Must have minimum 3 years’ experience
Minimum skills required
- Relevant I.T Technical Certifications (MCSE or Partially completed MCITP)
- Preferred: IT Diploma or Degree and relevant Certifications
- 3 years’ experience in a Server support role
- Preferred: 3 years’ experience in a Senior Infrastructure/Server Support role.
- Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications, (Server 2003/2008)
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Working experience of server hardware (HP Preferred)
- Working experience of Anti-virus and backup software
- Working experience of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, LAN/WAN concepts.
- Working experience of SAN would be advantageous
- VMWARE and VEEAM
- Solarwinds MSP (N-able)
- Good communications skills
- Zero tolerance for error
- Accountability and ownership
- Ability to work under pressure
- Client liaison and customer service principles
- Excellent organisational, time and process management and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, accurate and analytical
- Willingness to follow through on operations
- Handle stress very well and work under lots of pressure – deadline orientated
- Flexible with working hours and availability to work after hours when required
- Occasional travel to other branches will be required
- Excellent hardware knowledge (network devices, Servers, SAN’s, etc)
- Be willing to take on additional tasks as the needs of the business changes.
- Ensure high level of uptime and IT service availability of the network
- Analyse Server performance and perform advanced server troubleshooting
- Determining and troubleshooting faults on the Enterprise Infrastructure
- Upgrading and maintaining all systems to latest applications or Back office versions Responsible for all back office support of the IT infrastructure and to oversee company backups
- Perform network optimisation and improvement
- Keep abreast of IT/Infrastructure trends and manage possible upgrade or migration paths
- Ensure support of helpdesk – 3rd level escalated calls
- Forecasting any needed improvements
- Maintaining security within the network
- Ensuring Risk management and DR
- Ensure that the companies IT standards & policies are adhered to
- Implement policies and procedures to improve workflow and enhance security within IT dept
- Project manage all upgrades, rollouts & migrations
- Implement automation and simplification of IT related tasks – GPO’s, scripts, etc
- Manage advanced Windows server functionality
- Implement standard operating procedures for IT related systems & processes.
We may be calling you next!
Please do not apply should you not meet the requirements highlighted above.
Regret no recruitment agency to apply on behalf of candidates.
Please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgServer engineer